Kindly follow blow steps to configure SAP Cloud for Customer integration with Facebook.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Sales Cloud
1. Setting up Facebook Integration in SAP C4C
In order to be able to see Social Media Messages in the C4C system it is required scope your implementation project accordingly.
- Go to the Business Configuration work Center.
- Choose Implementation Projects.
- Choose the appropriate project.
- Choose Edit Project Scope.
- In the scoping, expand Service.
- Choose the Customer Care and Service Request Management.
- After enabling these options go through the Questions under these scoping elements and enable the question "Do you want to support direct messages for Facebook channels?"
- Hereafter confirm and finish the scoping.
2. Create Facebook API
For setting up the integration with Facebook, you will need the Facebook API key for your account.
The steps below will explain how you will create the Facebook API key
The first step to start the process is to create the API application for the Facebook account that is to be used to feed the communication into the SAP Clod For Customer system. Any comment or post specifically directed to this account will be passed into the SAP Clod For Customer system.
- Logon to the Facebook Account.
- Go to Profile Settings.
- Choose the Apps section.
- At the button of the Apps section choose the Developer hyper link.
- This now allows us to create the Facebook side connectivity.
- To do this start by selecting the button to Create a New App.
Create New Facebook App
- The system generates the APP ID and APP Secret.
- Provide the Display Name, and contact e-mail id.
- Complete the required fields as detailed, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Provide the Website and enter the Site URL will be the same as SAP Cloud For Customer System URL.
Make a note of the Application ID, choose the App Secret Show button and make a note of the Application Secret keys that have been generated for your application.
- Now choose the Save Changes button.
3. Create a Cloud For Customer Media Channel
- You need to create the media channel in the cloud for customer system to set up the communication to your Facebook application.
- Logon to the Cloud For Customer system. You need to have the option to use adaptation via the adaption option on the menu.
- To create the Media Channel, navigate to the Administration work center and select the Service and Social view.
- Now choose the Social Media Channel.
- Choose the New icon to create a New channel.
- Choose the Social Media Channel Type and then enter the Facebook Application ID key and Application Secret keys generated when the Facebook Application was set up.
- Now choose the Connect With Channel button which establishes the link to your Facebook account.
- A new browser window will be open from the Facebook Web site, asking for the account authorization for Cloud for Customer to communicate with your Facebook account.
- Enter the details, then choose the Authorize App continue.
- Now SAP Cloud for Customer confirms the connection and you can close the window.
- Choose the Get Accounts Details button.
- This simply fills the Channel field with Facebook handle.
- Fill the ID (should not be more than 10 char), Language field and Save and Close.
- Selection of Block Responses enables you to stop your service agents from replying to Facebook message from within the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer systems.
- Selection of Facebook Account For Responses enables you to replies to originate from the another Facebook handle.
4. Schedule a Communication Job
- Schedule a Communication Job to have communication between your Facebook account and your SAP Cloud For Customer System.
- First choose the newly created channel and open the summary of the media channel.
- Create a background job to run on a periodic basic to collect the relevant Facebook messages which have been created.
- Choose the Create Run icon as shown below.
- Confirm the correct Channel Id is automatically selected.
Note: you can use the single job to poll different media channels by adding relevant channel id.
- The last step is to step up a schedule for a background job, choose the Schedule icon as show below.
- Enter the details required to scheduling job.
5. Further Processing
- When the Facebook messages are directed at your Facebook account, the message will be now automatically fed into the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer system.
- The messages can be seen in the Tickets view of the Service Work Center as shown below and also under Social Media Messages view.
- Now you can open the Ticket and further process it directly by clicking on the associated ticket. The employees can process and also respond via Social Media communication channels.
- The system also automatically finishes customer, product, priority fields if these can be established.
- Workflow rules can be created to automatically assign tickets to service teams or individual employees, this assignment triggers the notification to be raised within the system and can send emails to the relevant parties if required.
- If the tickets are not created then go to the Channel ID, here you can see the application logs to see the data is imported to the SAP Cloud for customer system was successful or not.
- Here you can see for one channel the data import is successful.
- Once the data is successfully imported to SAP Cloud for Customer, in the application log you can see the message Number of new service requests created for channel for_customer: x (x represents the amount of imported messages).
Facebook import run , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , LOD-CRM-SC-SM , Social Media , How To