Reminder emails for Pending Approval Tasks are sent to ex-employees.
1. Cannot determine the times of which projects and how many pending approvals in total are blocked.
2. Time Recordings cannot be approved and invoiced.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Time Administration workcenter.
2. Go to Common Tasks view.
3. Select Reminders for Time Approvals.
4. Scroll down till the execution for the selected reminder created on DD.MM.YYYY.
5. Open the required Application Log ID by clicking on the link.
6. Go to the Results tab.
7. Click the Expand All button
Scrolling through the Execution Details, you can see that : Email sent successfully to approver Ex-Employee.
There are recordings are available in the system for the employee John Doe which are in the status In Approval. The approver is Ex-employee Jane Doe whose termination date is after these recordings.
These recordings were not approved untill the approver's last day.
These recordings are available in the path below:
1. Project Management workcenter.
2. Approvals view.
3. Under Time Recording screen.
The Administartor can approve the Time Recordings in the Time Administration workcenter for the respective employee.
User is locked for the approver in the Application and User Management. So, please open the process lock (Set Process Control) in Financials and get these recordings approved by the Time Administrator.
1. Go to the General Ledger work center.
2. Select the Master Data Companies view.
3. Select the relevant company ID and choose Open and Close Period button.
4. Search for the accounting period relevant for date DD.MM.YYYY. Here you can see that the Period Status of this period is Blocked.
5. Now select the period and choose Open Periods button.
6. Finally choose Save button.
The ex-employee for the approver, here Jane Doe, can be unlocked from Application and User Management.
Once the process lock is open, follow below steps to approve these Time Recordings:
1. Go to Time Administration work center.
2. Select Employees view.
3. Search and Edit the Employee button.
4. Go to Employee Times tab.
5. Select the time which is in status In Approval.
6. Select Actions button and choose Approve.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To