Even after the content is updated at the content object level, the old content is still launching.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
If you are using Akamai service with Learning:
- The contents of LMS is stored/cached at multiple locations via Akamai servers (there are approximately 200,000 Akamai Edge servers around the world). Old content could still exist within other servers and new content will not get updated on Akamai's cache until time-to-live is met.
Irrespective of Akamai service:
- The courses/contents at times are cached in the user's browser.
- The old content has to be disassociated properly from the item before being updated with the new one.
- Akamai will cache your static content so any course updates posted via ftp may take up to 24 hours sometimes more. For that reason, we always encourage you to update the content via deployment location and not directly through the FTP since updating through the FTP is not best practice, per the reflection time will depend on Akamai's cache (time to live) time. There are many factors that it would not enable instant content synchronization as this will rely on Akamai to flush their cache, which we cannot confirm in terms of timelines.
- At times based on the way the content is developed, the contents are cached in the user's browser cache. Please request the users to clear the cache and cookies from their browser if they are facing the issues and request them to try again.
- Also, when you are modifying a content at the Item level, make sure you use "Clear Online Settings" under the Item > Actions menu before you update it with the new content. This will help that the content that is cached(old content) at the server is removed/dissociated properly before the new content can be propagated. At this point, the Item should not be assigned to any user (as there would be a conflict of content), if yes, please reassign the Item to the user.
***Important Note: If an Item with online content has been assigned to users, and the content objects need to be updated or the online content section needs to be updated (by adding a new content object, attempting to replace/edit an already added content object is not supported), it is recommended to revise the item or create new item prior to adding or updating the content so that the integrity of the prior content can be retained. Failure to do this can result in un-recoverable issue with Learning history and Data reports***
Remove the course from users' learning plan and assign it back OR use the content re-assignment assistant as per the KBA 2328118.
sap, sf, success, factors, successfactors, learning, lms, Content, not, updated, Old, appearing, cached, cache, revision, item , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , Problem