You want to request for a restore point.
- SAP Business ByDesign.
- SAP Cloud for Customer.
A Restore Point is a complete copy of a tenant and it is saved as a snapshot of the source tenant’s data at a specific point of time. It is a snapshot of the tenant’s data at a specific point in time.
It can be requested as a fallback tenant before executing data migration processes or other critical operations in existing tenant.
You can request a restore point from service control center, by following the below path:
1. Go to Service Control Center.
2. Go to System View.
3. Select the tenant URL for which you want to request a restore point.
4. Click on Request Restore Point.
The restore point is provided within 24 hours after start of downtime window.
- Per system, only one active Restore Point is allowed.
- Restore point can be requested for customer test and production tenants only.
- A restore point is available in the system for a period of 14 days only.
- The copy process of source tenant can only be performed outside of the contractual maintenance(CMP) window.
- The restore point is deleted after the retention period is expired.
- The Restore Point is not valid after the upgrade of the tenant. Hence, a reset to restorepoint procedure is not supported for such scenarios. That means that a restorepoint created shortly before an upgrade, cannot be used for a reset to restorepoint after the upgrade, as the restore point will be terminated automatically.
- Once a restore point is taken, SAP Cloud Applications Studio activities are restricted, please avoid deploying new patches as a consistent restore cannot be assured. This restriction is removed in following cases (1) the restore point expires after 14 days, (2) the restore point is deleted before the expiration date or (3) a rollback to the restore point is applied.
- Any critical activity in the source system must be avoided while the restore point creation is in progress. This is required to provide a consistent recovery. The customer must confirm that restore point provisioning is complete in all respects before undertaking such an activity. In case the restore point is not provisioned for any reason (technical or otherwise), there is a huge risk for the customer.
- Once the Restore Point is created successfully, Email notification will be sent to IT Contacts maintained in system.
- Only once you can request for reset/rollback to restore point. Multiple request for reset/rollback to restore point from one restore point is not supported.
- A restore point is the only possible way to revert a system to any previous state.
Restore point, backup, data backup, Rollback to Restore point, revert, previous, , KBA , data backup , backup , restore point , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To
|how to request a restore point_CN.pdf|