- A HXM Suite instance refresh does not include all reports.
- Additional steps are required for certain reports to work.
- This KB article covers all the exceptions and the additional steps required.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- What is a BizX Refresh?
- What do you need to consider when getting a BizX Refresh?
- What reporting tools are refreshed?
- Instance Refresh Process?
- List of Reporting products refreshed
- What to expect and to do per reporting products enabled in my target instance?
- Q&A Section
- An instance Refresh is copy of your BizX environment into a target instance.
- After the refresh, the instance "refreshed" and origin instance will be a "clone" instance.
- For this reason, as we clone all settings and data but your instance might have also different products integrated, SuccessFactors refresh team need to re-establish the link with other products that are stand alone product (not in BizX environment) such as WFA/ORD/ODS/Report Centre/Analytics in EC and other products.
What do you need to consider when getting a BizX Refresh?
You need to know what products are implemented in your target instance such as "Online Report Designer", Workforce Analytics/Planning and Advanced Reporting for Employee Central, Report Centre and Analytics in EC.
- This task is performed by SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support team & engages different teams.
- This KBA is dedicated for the Reporting/Analytics part. For other products, please refer to the instance refresh KBA.
|Reporting tool that can be refreshed||NOT included|
|Adhoc||ORD & ODS reports|
|Spreadsheet||ORD & WFA Users|
|Dashboard / Youcalc||ORD & WFA menu|
|Pixel Perfect Talent Card (PPTC)||ORD & WFA bundle|
|Classic reports||WFA/P products|
|List views||All Queries in ORD/WFA/ODS|
|Advanced Reporting for Employee Central|
|People Analytics - Report Story|
- No action needed.
- Your reports will be copied exactly as the origin instance.
- You should have exactly the same configuration between your Origin and Target refreshed instance.
Online Report Designer:
- You should specify in the instance refresh that ORD is implemented in your target instance.
- The teams working on the instance refresh will reestablish the connection to your ORD instance.
- ORD is not refreshed.
Advanced Reporting for Employee Central:
- The Advanced Reporting refresh will be taken care automatically with the BizX Refresh.
- Why? - the refresh will overwrite all your Employee Central data + Configuration (Datamodel/MDF).
- Advanced Reporting which is a separate database need to be refreshed
- WFA is not included in this refresh.
- However, if you previously had WFA link to your instance, CPS refresh team will reestablish the connection to your ORD instance.
- Make sure you have specified this product in the refresh incident.
People Analytics Report Story
Instance refresh process is supported with SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics so customers can carry their usual instance refresh activity on their SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics enabled instances
Note: Stories from the source tenant aren't copied to the target tenant during Instance Refresh. It is recommended to export the Story reports you want to retain on your target tenant, before you perform Instance Refresh. After the refresh is complete, reimport the Story reports into the target tenant.
For Manual refresh, there are some additional steps customers need to take:
- Export the relevant X509 certificates and OAuth settings before you initiate the manual refresh process, and import the files into your tenant after the refresh is complete. ·
- See help guide for completed steps ·
- Blog – Click here
Q: My company wants to refresh Test instance content and configuration with the current Production Environment. What will be refreshed for all Reporting and Analytics products during the instance refresh process?
A: This refresh include only HCM Cloud products. Be aware, Advance Reporting for EC, Online Report Designer, WFA-P product are on different stacks and is not included in your refresh. (See cause section for the charts explaining the instance refresh process
Q: What check points are recommended to review before to request for a instance refresh process?
A: For each refresh, you should have sign off a form with all products that you have enable in your instance. Make sure the team engaged in the refresh knows that you have implemented ORD/ODS or WFA product.
Q: What are the potential issues post instance refresh process?
- Access to WFA/ORD/ODS not available post refresh:
example - A login page is displayed when i try to access to Analytics.
Make sure that you have notified the refresh team if WFA/ORD or ODS is implemented in your instance.
Wait for SuccessFactors confirmation before to log-in to WFA/ORD or ODS.
- The Advanced reports doesn't work anymore after refresh:
This could be an expected behaviour as you have refreshed all your configuration and data.
In ORD or Advanced Reporting, your reports can be no longer valid because you have refreshed your data and configuration for all HCM Cloud suite products.
You should revalidate your reports or create new reports.
Q: How long the service will be reestablished after the refresh for WFA / ORD / Advanced Reporting?
A: It could take 2-3 business days to reestablish the connection between your HCM Cloud instance and WFA/ORD instance.
sf, success factors, biz x, ORD, ODS, WFA, ANA, RPT, reload, Request, Process, Company, center, canvas, table , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , How To