You are trying to create a new Lead with status Converted or edit an existing Lead with the same status using the Data Workbench, but you receive error messages such as "Status is not valid" (when creating) or "Changing is not possible; field is read-only" (when updating).
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Data Workbench work center.
- Access the Import work center view.
- Select the Individual Object option.
- Select the relevant operation (Update or Insert, if it's a creation).
- Search and select the object Lead.
- Click Next.
- In the new screen, browse for the relevant CSV file and click Upload.
- Review the information in the file preview, then click Next.
- For creation scenarios, there will be additional steps to review and confirm the field mapping.
The status Converted is the end of a Lead life cycle, often generating a new document (Opportunity, Account, Account and Contact). Once this is done, the Lead cannot be modified — even in the UI, all fields will be locked as read-only — and cannot be reopened. That is why the Data Workbench will not allow you to edit or create a Lead already with this status.
This is the standard system behavior.
If you have maintained a Conversion Limit higher than one in the Leads activity under Business Configuration, you will be able to edit your Leads before reaching the maximum number of conversions (i.e. if your Conversion Limit is set to 4, you may still edit the Lead before converting it all four times).
Note: it's also not possible to change the status of a Lead to Converted using the Data Workbench, as there are additional processes done by the system when this action is executed in the UI that are not triggered by Data Workbench.
Lead Status at SAP Help Portal
Data Workbench, Lead status, Status Closed, Status Inactive, Upload Leads with status Converted, Converted Leads , KBA , migration of leads , lead status , upload leads with status converted , converted leads , LOD-LE-MKT-LEA , Lead , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , How To