- Not able to restore database using a full backup and incremental backups.
- Checking the logs with the dblog utility before attempting to restore shows that the logs match and if applied correctly should be successful.
- Possible errors returned:
- Cannot open transaction log file -- Can't use log file "<PathToLogFile>" since it has been used more recently than the database file Failed to apply <logFile>.log.
- Cannot open transaction log file -- Can't use log file "<PathToLogFile>" since the offsets don't match the offsets in the database file.
- SAP SQL Anywhere 17.x
- SAP SQL Anywhere 16.x
- SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 12.x
- Sybase SQL Anywhere 11.x
Sybase, SQA, recover, restore, backups, backup, cannot open transaction log, log file, used more recently than the database file, offsets don't match the offsets in the database file , KBA , BC-SYB-SQA , SQL Anywhere (on premise, on demand) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.