- When refreshing Web Intelligence (Webi) or Crystal Reports For Enterprise (CR4E) reports based on multi-source (.unx) Universe connecting to SQL Server 2008/2012, one of the following errors may occur:
- Webi: "The following database error occurred: [Data Federator Driver] Cannot reach server. Reason: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect"
- CR4E: "The viewer could not process an event. The data source is invalid: 'Failed to excecute: CALL getConnectorName('referenceID=#####')'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to resolve the problem. [JRC00005380] ----- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]"
- May see the following in the Crystal Reports Processing Server trace log:
- "Redesign your query or contact the data source maintainer to solve the problem."
- "Failed to execute: <query>
- "attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect"
- At the same time, when the error is displayed, Adaptive Processing Server (APS) containing Data Federation Service may crash/restart and create a dump file.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 (BI4.1)
Multi-source Universe based on OLEDB to SQL Server 2008/2012
Data Federator Data Access restart crash stopped stop crashed core dump jvm BI BI41 BI42 , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-BIP-DF , Data Federation Service , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.