Below are some commonly asked questions and their answers on Copy Solution Profile.
SAP Cloud for Customer, SAP Business ByDesign
Scenario: You created a new test system from an existing productive system. The scenario used is Copy Of Source System (Copy Solution Profile). Now, the change project exists in the test system but is missing in the productive system.
1. Is this expected behavior?
Yes, requesting a new test tenant as copy of the productive system with additional copy solution profile is the recommended way to request a new remote test system for a change project. After the import into the new test tenant, the change project is deleted in the productive tenant (which is the standard behavior for a remote change project).
2. Is merge back supported in this scenario?
Yes, when the SPC process runs through successfully, the connections between both tenants should be established and a merge back should be possible.
3. For this change project the field Created By in the test system shows Technical User (SAP_LMPRV) instead of the actual user who created this project in the productive system. Is this as expected?
This is added into development's product backlog for future releases.
4. It is expected that, when creating a new test system as copy of production, all the change projects (regardless of their status) will be copied from productive system into the test system. But there the customer cannot open a canceled project.
Yes, as it is a full tenant copy all workspaces (Projects) are copied regardless of their status. We also think that this is confusing and we are considering to delete the non-relevant workspaces after the copy has been done. This is added into development's product backlog for future releases.
5. Will all the PDI solution add-ons be copied over from the production tenant automatically?
PDI solutions deployed in the Productive tenant have to be uploaded again in the test tenant and scoped in business configuration. They are not copied automatically.
6. Which data will be copied in this scenario?
Business configuration settings (scoping and fine tuning data) - Yes, the settings from the particular solution profile selected.
Master data - Yes, full master data
Flexibility data (customization such as extension fields) - Yes
FAQ, Solution Profile Copy, FAQ on Solution Profile Copy , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To