You have scheduled a Purchase Request Bundling Run to bundle several open purchase requests to create purchase orders. However due to a Blocking error on few Purchase Requests the whole run is resulting into an error.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requets and Orders Workcenter.
- Select view Purchase Request Bundling Runs.
- Show All Purchase Request Runs, search for Run ID XYZ.
- In the Purchase Order Creation Run window, choose Set to Active to enable Schedule button.
- Perform Save.
- Then select Run ID with Active status.
- Choose Schedule - Start Immediately.
- Here when system generates the Application Log, it resulted into an error.
- No purchase order gets created either due to blocking or any other error in a purchase request.
- Error message with one example: Purchase Request X is blocked and cannot be processed.
System bundles and process purchase requets as per Work Package Size maintained for the Run.
By Default the package size is always 100 for one work package, therefore system considers all Purchase Requets in one package and hence if one purchase request is having an issue, the run faills and no purchase request is processed.
You can reduce package size as per your requirement following below steps:
- Go to the Personalize option on the top of the screen.
- Under sections: select Control Parameters.
- Under Fields: mark checkbox for Package Size.
- On the right side, you can see by default package size is set as 100.
- You can reduce and change the work package size as per your requirement.
- Perform Save.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To