Previously the HRIS Sync job would synchronize Employee Status from Employee Central to Basic User Data based on server time of the first scheduled Daily HRIS Sync job of the day
Data synchronization is running without considering user time zone. All records are processed at the same time. It results in irrelevant production data situations, when employee information could be updated and become available at least 12-15 hours before or after actual effective date start in the users time zone.
Employee Central 2.0
This new function would allow the system to update the Employee Status based on employee’s local time settings in Employee Central. For example :
- Employee is hired in Shanghai and the server in PST (West Coast USA) with HRIS running at midnight. The user should clock in his time at the beginning of the day. However he is not able to login to the system until midnight server time.
- Employee is terminated in Shanghai and the server is in PST (West Coast USA). This employee is able to access the system for 14 hours after actual Termination
- Configuration Type: Universal
- Configuration Steps: Provisioning actions are required
- Release available from: b1605
How to enable this feature?
Please note that this (or ANY) configuration change should be made in a TEST system first, so you can test and verify the Job runs correctly and correctly considers the users time zone when synchronizing the Employee Status.
- Navigate to Provisioning > Manage Scheduled Jobs
- Edit the Daily HRIS Sync job
- Check the "Use the local time zone of the user to set the effective start date of the status update. Please update job schedule if needed."
- Update job schedule to run at the times of day (Server Time) when different Timezones come online.
Below = where you enable the new feature (highlighted) and the new times at which the job will run (red arrows) - to make multiple selections in the time menu - hold "Ctrl" key on keyboard and "left-click" the desired times
ECT-42704, b1605, HRIS Sync, Daily Sync, Employee Status, Sync, Timezone Offset, Use the local time zone of the user to set the effective start date of the status update. Please update job schedule if needed. , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , How To