The legacy currency conversion table "ECT_CONV_TABLE" has been migrated to the new MDF object ‘Currency Exchange Rate’ as of the b1605 release. The new currency conversion is now effective-dated for Employee Central.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central 2.0
With the b1605 (Q2 2016) release, the Effective Dated Currency Conversion will only be available for Employee Central 2.0.
The migration of data to the MDF standard UI “Manage Data”, will allow you to maintain EC Currency Conversion Rates (for use with the EC Compensation Info UI's) as well as the standard import/export UI of MDF to upload Currency Conversion Rates. For integration scenarios an oData API is available too.
NOTE: The new Currency Conversion will be a suite wide target solution for currency conversion and should, over time, replace any others that may exist
- Configuration Type: Universal
- Configuration Steps: No configuration required for the Migration. It will run for all instances automatically and will transfer the legacy Currency Conversion table ECT_CONV_TABLE entries to MDF
- Impact on customers: The migration will be done automatically for all customer instances during the b1605 upgrade weekend. The EC2MDF migration may exceed the instance downtime window, so please check the Migration Status of the instance via Admin Center -> Check Migration Status, and verify all steps are Successful - If all steps are not successful, please open a Support Incident with Product Support
Please refer to the Employee Central Master handbook for more information -:
b1605 Migration Note:
EC customers who try to maintain the legacy Currency Conversion table ECT_CONV_TABLE via the Admin Tool “Manage Currency Conversion Rate Tables” will receive an info message, that the table has been migrated to MDF object "Currency Exchange Rate".
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CUSTOMERS USING THE "ECT_CONV_TABLE" IN OTHER MODULES
- EC customers who used to use the table in other modules (such as Compensation) have to continue to maintain legacy Currency Conversion table ECT_CONV_TABLE via the Admin Tool “Manage Currency Conversion Rate Tables”. Please note that the pop-up is a warning, but if you click OK you can still maintain the legacy table as before (no change has been made to the table directly).
- In these rare use cases the customer has to maintain the MDF based currency exchange rates as well as the legacy ECT_CONV_TABLE Currency Conversion table.
Currency Exchange Rate MDF Object:
The object is called "CurrencyExchangeRate".
The Currency Exchange Rate object is secured by default. This ensures only permissioned users can make changes to Exchange Rates.
- Maintain the MDF object data for "Currency Exchange Rate"
- To grant the "Import Permission on Metadata Framework" to allow the user to maintain the new data via Imports/Exports
Maintaining Exchange Rates can either be done via the UI (in Manage Data) or also via Import. Please refer to the following article for further details: 2337292 - Currency Exchange Rate: How to Correct and Update Exchange Rates in Employee Central
For the field "Type of Exchange Rate" (RateType) a new MDF picklist "CurrencyExchangeRateType" is automatically created during the migration process, with the picklist value DEFAULT added, and used for all legacy migrated Exchange Rates.
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get Guide?
A) Guide: Employee Central Master
Chapter: Setting Up the Currency Exchange Rate
Chapter: Optional: Pay Component Groups and Pay Component Group Calculation
- 2337292 - Currency Exchange Rate: How to Correct and Update Exchange Rates in Employee Central
- 2384564 - Currency Exchange Rate: Import Error: Exchange rate with the same source currency and target currency is not allowed
- 2269061 - Compensation Information: Currency Conversion between EUR and USD has not been set up error showing under user’s compensation portlet
- 2231635 - Pay Component Group Sums - How does the system pick the Currency used to display Pay Component Groups in the UI and Ad Hoc Reporting
ECT-44067, b1605, ECT_CONV_TABLE, Compensation Info, Currency Conversion, Currency, Currency Exchange rate, employee central, Currency Exchange rate Type, Picklist , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , How To