When you generate preview of any document that contains formatted text with some special characters in the content, the document does not generate properly.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to 'Sales' work center, select 'Sales Quote' view.
- Select any sales quote that has formatted text, for example, various font styles are maintained in any of the formatted text fields.
- Select 'Actions'->'Preview'.
- The preview doesn't show the formatted text correctly.
The following limitations does not cause any error in generating the preview, but the document does not show the formatted text correctly:
- Font styles are not supported - This is a limitation.
Certain features like ‘Ordered/unordered’ lists, font size, hyperlink etc., are supported in the formatted text, only for those templates created or updated using 'Adobe Livecycle Designer(ALD)' version 10.0 or higher.
Templates created using ALD version lesser than 10.0 does not render the output properly.
- For existing templates created using older versions of ALD, here are the steps to be followed to enable support of the above mentioned features (‘Ordered/unordered’ lists, font size, hyperlink etc.) that are supported in 10.0 or higher:
Open the form template in ALD version 10.0 or higher
Select File > Form Properties.
Click the Defaults tab and, in the Choose Target Version dropdown list, select the target version of Acrobat and Adobe Reader 10.0 or higher.
This will update the XFA version to 3.3.
- Upload the new template.
After release 1705 the rich text editor does preserve the original formatting in terms of the font family, size, indentation, bulleted list, numbered list etc (note that Formatted Text are not supported for Silverlight UI). But when a PDF is generated of the rich text editor formatted text line spacing may not be preserved.
We do not explicitly add any margin to preserve the line spacing. However if you copy text from another editor like outlook email then it may add more formatting information to preserve some of the line spacing information. However the default rich text editor on our application does not add this information.
This is a current behavior of the rich text editor.
KBA , AP-RC-FF , Forms Flexibility , Product Enhancement