- Anytime an admin imports a report for which a report of the same name already exists, the system treats the report as a new version of an existing report.
- This means that once published, even though changes made were minor, the system removes all links to the previous version – including saved and scheduled reports.
- This can sometimes cause performance issues accessing the report Jobs tab if there were many occurrences of the report scheduled.
- Admins might also see this warning in Reports > Saved reports tab : "The parent report has been deleted from the system and is no longer available. You can still preview previous results".
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
We can only have a saved or scheduled report job for a report that is in published status.
- For performance issues accessing the report jobs tab after importing a custom report, please submit an incident with support so we can delete those scheduled reports.
- For saved reports displaying a warning message > use the trash icon to delete those manually or contact Professional Services to have them removed via scripts.
- To prevent further issues, refer to the below guidelines when importing a new version of a custom report:
Administrators can decide whether they want the imported report to be a new version or if they want to update the existing version.
TIP: If your changes are minor or cosmetic, we recommend that you update the existing version but if you change the report logic then it is better to import as a new version and create new scheduled jobs.
Scenario 1: "Create New Version"
=>Scheduled Reports on previous version should no longer run.
=> No edit option on the schedule (schedule should be automatically cancelled)
=> New scheduled or saved report must be created
Scenario 2: "Update Current Version"
=> Scheduled Reports still run, pointing to updated file.
=> Schedule can be updated.
please note that sometimes it may happen that a particular job is not updated during this process and continues to use the older version - therefore not returning data or showing errors.
In this case, please delete the job and create a new schedule to ensure it is using the latest report version.
custom report update; versioning of custom report; scheduled custom report; saved custom report; LRN-9706; import new version of custom report; The parent report has been deleted from the system and is no longer available; You can still preview previous results; , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CRI , Custom Report Issues , LOD-SF-LMS-BCJ , Assign (bulk), Add/ Delete Sub/ Cur, Revise, Import , How To