- The ASE errorlog reports a timeslice with process infected in the module des_checkpoint_flush_sysstats():
timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0xe63ae8 (des_checkpoint_flush_sysstats+0x2b8)
timeslice error: spid xx exhausted its 'time slice' of xxx milliseconds and additional 'cpu grace time' of 1000 ticks (100000 milliseconds). It has been marked for termination.
- While the process is holding a spinlock:
Spinlock Dbtable->dbt_defpipebufgpspin at address 0x0000000144216c80 owned by xxxxxx
- The timeslice error is followed by a stacktrace including modules:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments
- Finally, an ASE server crashes:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR#795239, 795239, CR795239, CR#797745, CR 797745, 797745, metadata cache , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.