- Crystal Reports for Enterprise when reporting off from an Oracle database using non unverse based connection (ODBC, JDBC) in the main report or inside one of the subreports having parameterized custom SQL (command object) fails with "ORA - 00936 : missing expression" error. The custom SQL used in the report are running fine in other oracle tools after you replacing the parameters with valid, real values. There can be several scenarios, where this error message may displayed.
- Scenario (A) In Central Management Console (CMC), a scheduled Crystal Reports for Enterprise file instance fails with error
"Failed to execute the query. The database returned the following error : ORA - 00936 : missing expression ( CRS 300003 )"
- Scenario (B) In BI Launchpad viewing a Crystal Reports for Enterprise report file fails with the following error:
"The viewer could not process an event. Failed to execute query. The database returned the following error: ORA-00936: missing expression [CrystalCommonRCI.RCI_REPLACEMENT_STRING] ---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]"
- Scenario (C) In Crystal Reports for Enterprise Designer preview of a report file fails with the following error:
"The following error has occured while trying to retreive the data: Failed to execute query. The database returned the following error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00936: missing expression"
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- Oracle Data source
Crystal Reports for Enterprise, Oracle, Command Table, Custom SQL, CR4E, CRE, ORA-00936 , KBA , BI-RA-CRE , Crystal Reports for Enterprise , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.