You have created a spare part return notification and trying to create post goods receipt, however system shows the below error message.
Error: Neg. stock not permitted in custodian ABC material XYZ, identified stock PQR.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Inbound Delivery Notifications view.
- Select the query All Delivery Notifications by Selection.
- Search for relevant Delivery Notification ID.
- Select Post Goods Receipt button.
- Error appears.
The system does not allow Spare Part Returns after you have been Confirmed as fitted via a Service Confirmation & hence the error message appears.
The Custodian (Pre Delivered location) doesn't have stock to return, since the service confirmation of that product is already done. If the Service confirmation wasn't done and only the advanced shipment has been done to the pre delivered customer through outbound delivery; then the parts return will be possible; since the stock still exists in the Pre delivered location, error appears.
KBA , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , How To