- Tempdb log space fills up with error 1105 reported in the errorlog.
- A number of processes were blocked by system spid 'Housekeepr Garbage Collector' (HK GC)
- Using lct_admin or kill command to abort all processes which were holding tempdb log space did not release the blocking
- Adding more log space did not release the blocking
- dbcc stacktrace on the "HK GC" spid shows this stack:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- Only instance observed on SP63
- Other versions may show the same symptoms
HK GC , blocking , pg_test_allocator,temp database, temporary db , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.