You have a business rule configured to trigger EC Alerts & Notifications.
You are now receiving multiple alerts and notifications instead of one.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
Employee Central 2.0 + EC Alerts and Notifications
Reproducing the Issue
- In this example, you have created a business rule to send an EC Alert & Notification when an employee’s Probationary Period End date is one day away:
- Multiple Alerts & Notifications are being triggered for each employee.
- EC Alerts & Notifications are triggered using ‘saveAlert’ event type. These is essentially the same as triggering the business rule as ‘onSave’.
- The EC Alert & Notification, will be triggered each time the ‘IF’ condition of the business rule is meet when clicking ‘Save’ in the portlet you are triggering the rule on.
- This can result in multiple EC Alert & Notifications being sent.
- When creating a Business Rule to trigger an EC Alert & Notification, you should use a ‘Model’ Base Object.
- Since this rule is triggered from Job Info, there is a high possibility that an employee may have more than one record were the ‘Probation Period End Date’ is the same.
- To stop multiple alerts from being triggered (one for each record). We can create an ‘IF’ condition in the rule to stop this.
- This is done by comparing the current value with the pervious value and only triggering if there is a change.
- Please see the below screenshot for an example rule, which will not trigger multiple alerts:
- FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get Guide?
Chapter: End of Contract Alert
Q) what To do after correcting an EC alert Rule?
A) Please refer to
- 2315275 - Workflows & Alerts FAQ - Employee Central
- 2156278 - How to Set Up EC Alerts and Notifications Using Business Rules
EC Alert & Notification, Alert, Multiple rule, workflow , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-ALR , Alerts & Notifications (saveAlert - EC Core only) , Problem