You have created a purchasing contract and when you check the changes tab you see that the status was changed from Not Expired to Expired by SAP_SYSTEM.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sourcing and Contracting work center.
- Go to the Contracts view.
- Select the relevant Contract.
- Select Edit and you can see the status as Expired.
A purchasing contract expires in the following cases:
- The validity period of the purchasing contract expires.
- The open target value of at least one item is either zero or is exceeded(negative value) (that is Target value - Released value= open target value)
- The open target quantity of at least one item is either zero or is exceeded(negative value)(that is Target quantity- Released quantity=open target quantity)
So contract may expire for any of the above cases and you can extend the validity of Purchasing contract, if status of contract is expired.
Additionally check the open target value & open target quantity of all line items under Basic Data sub-tab of Items tab.
Purchasing Contract, Status, Not Expired, Expired, Validity Period , KBA , contract closed automatically , AP-PCP , Purchasing Contract Processing , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , How To