You want to create a new query via Detailed Reporting function from Report Canvas although no table is available for selection from the left panel.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance
- Go to Report Center an select a Report Canvas Report
- Select the Detailed Reporting
- No tables are available from the list. Instead the below message is shown:
- Drag tables/columns onto canvas
User did not have Create report permissions under Reports Permission. The permissions for the domains to create and run report for Report Table and Detailed Reporting (one of the tools from Report Canvas) are the same.
The issue is solved by providing the Create Report Permission as follow:
- Admin Center
- Manage Permission Role then select the desired Role. e.g. SFTEST
- Click on Permission
- Make sure the desired modules are selected for Create and Run Report
- Afterwards the respective tables should be available via on the detailed report as per below example.
online report designer, domain, schemas, ad hoc report, ord, live data , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem