Your requirement is to change the Accrual Rate for the Employee XYZ (where XYZ represents the Employee) but system throws an error message that prevents you to Save it.
Save Failed. For Acct Vacation Validity DD.MM.YYYY - DD.MM.YYYY, Posting Date DD.MM.YYYY Must be in Bookable Period
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Time Administration work center
- Go to Employees view
- Search for the Employee XYZ
- Go to Time Profile tab
- Select the Time Profile having the Start Date DD.MM.YYYY – End Date DD.MM.YYYY
- Go to tab Time Account Rules
- Select the Time Account ABC (where ABC represents the Time Account)
- Go to tab Accrual/Entitlement Rules
- Select the field Deviating Accrual Rate and using the calculator icon input days
- Select Save
Deviating Accrual Rate field is used to specify a different accrual amount from that defined in the rule in Business Configuration. This value will be specific to an Employee XYZ and would be valid for the whole period during which this Time Account is assigned to the Employee XYZ.
To have a Deviating Accrual Rate value valid from YYYY, create a different Accrual Rule as below:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity for Time Accounts - <Country>
- Select Maintain Time Account Rules
- In the Details section select Add Row and create a different Accrual Rule
- Upper instance would then delimit to DD.MM.YYYY
This would then be valid for all the employees to whom this Time Account ABC is assigned. In case for the same Time Account Accrual Rule, the Accrual days needs to be different for different years then, the Time Profile needs to be split.
The system does not support different Deviating Accrual Rate for different years. We will then have to create a new Accrual Rule for Time Account ABC (where ABC represents the Time Account).
Acct Vacation Validity, Deviating Accrual Rate , KBA , acct vacation validity , entitlement rules , accrual/entitlement rules , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To