This article describes the steps involved for setting up an FTP location as the destination for report distribution bundles in ORD.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors Online Report Designer
- FTP location with a Static IP address or hostname.
- The destination server should have either port 21 or port 22 (recommended) open.
Port 21 for FTP and Port 22 for SFTP
The port number is selected between these two, based on the protocol selected in the FTP setup (step #4 in the below instructions).
Distributions CANNOT be done to other ports .
If you are trying to export / distribute to a third-party FTP/SFTP site, please have the service listen on either port 21 or port 22.
If the server is configured with a different port number and if this cannot be changed for some reason, the only option is to run another FTP/SFTP server in the same machine, listening on port # 21/22
- Active account for accessing the FTP location.
- Credentials for the above account.
- Home> Analytics> Analytics>Admin
- FTP Configuration
- Enter the IP Address, credentials and the destination folder.
- Choose FTP if port 21 is being used in the destination server and SFTP for port 22.
- Validate and save the configuration.
These settings will be used, every time the destination for a report distribution is set to FTP.
- FTP / SFTP
- Report Distribution
- Change port number
- ORD export
- Report Canvas