This is a KBA to resolve a known issue for visually impaired users who are unable to complete surveys (or any forms) in the LMS when using Assistive Technologies (AT) Software such as JAWS. There are issues when trying to select radio buttons when displayed on the same horizontal line without assistive field text.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Try to complete any survey or fill out any form using JAWS AT.
An alternative way to complete a survey or form using ATs such as JAWS is using "Virtual Forms Mode" in your browser. This can be opened using "Insert+F3" in the browser.
- Choose "Radio Buttons List" -> All the radio buttons appear ->
- Choose the desired radio button -> Click OK
- Focus will set on the desired radio button -> Press Space Bar to select it and then, press Tab to continue focus on the buttons.
Virtual Form Mode > Radio Buttons List
Select the Radio Button
* Please note that are limitations with JAWS and Radio Buttons using IE11 as your chosen web browser.
- Assistive Technologies (AT)
- Form completion
- LMS Surveys