We have noticed that 'Recurring Deductions' portlet under Employment Information is visible to all users though it is not enabled in RBP permissions. It's a concern for our business as they do not want everyone in the Company/organization to view this Recurring Deductions portlet - though no data is available/visible - but still the portlet shows up without any permissions of Edit/History link as below.
Deductions - Recurring Deductions
Reproducing the Issue
1) Navigate to My Employee Files and select an employee who does not have permission to Recurring Deductions MDF object
2) Go to Employment Information
3) Scroll down to bottom of the page and the 'Recurring Deductions' portlet is visible though access is not provisioned in RBP.
The permission to the Recurring Deductions MDF object controls the permission to the MDF object and the data. It does not control the permission to the portlet visibility itself.
The screens to be used for the Recurring Deductions portlet and its visibility is controlled by 'Configure Deduction Screen Ids (DeductionScreenId)' MDF object. By default this object has no RBP enabled. To not be able to view the Recurring Deductions MDF portlet, it will require managing permissions to the Configure Deduction Screen Ids (DeductionScreenId) MDF object.
To manage permission for the 'Configure Deduction Screen Ids (DeductionScreenId)' object, please follow the below steps:
1. Navigate to Admin Centre > Configure Object Definitions and search for the 'Configure Deduction Screen Ids' object definition.
2. Select Take Action > Make Correction to enter the object in Edit mode
3. Navigate to the Security section of the page
4. Select 'Yes' against Secured and select 'MDF Foundation Objects' or 'Miscellaneous Permissions' under the Permission Category.
5. For the user role which does not require permission to the Deductions portlet, do not grant permission to the 'Configure Deduction Screen Ids' object.
***Defect: Currently the edit and add permissions are not functioning correctly. They appear even when they are not granted. JIRA id in the keywords section and engineering are investigating ****
Note: It will require granting permissions to the Configure Deduction Screen Ids object for those roles which already have permission to the Recurring Deductions MDF object for the user to be able to view the Recurring Deductions portlet under Employment Information
Recurring Deductions, RBP, ECT-52589 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-AAD , Advances & Deductions , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , How To