A candidate has not received an email notification from SuccessFactors. What should I consider before contacting Cloud Product Support?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Before submitting a ticket to Cloud Product Support, please perform the following steps:
- Replicate the issue by trying to re-trigger the email by following the same steps again
- When finished, take the timestamp information using 'Show Version Information'
- Verify if the email was delivered or not. Please ensure to check spam/junk mail folders. If the email has not been sent, please submit an incident with Cloud Product Support with the following information:
- Timestamp of when the email should have triggered
- The email address of the candidate which should have received the email
- The email notification subject
If required, CPS will engage the Operations team to analyze the server logs based on the timestamp information provided.
Please take into consideration the following:
If Operations identify that the email was triggered out from the SuccessFactors server, then it's likely the notification was not delivered due to a blocking rule currently configured on a Proxy/Firewall server from the candidate's side. This usually happens when the recipient mailbox classifies the sender as a potential threat/spam.
If the Operations team does not identify the email in the logs, the issue may have happened due to:
- A temporary server outage.
- The timestamp information was provided with the incorrect time
- The email template was not properly configured for the referred applicant status within Admin Tools > Edit Applicant Status Configuration.
2087890 - Email Notifications: Top Reasons Why Emails are Not Sent or Received and basic troubleshooting logic
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-EML , Recruiting Emails and Notifications , Problem