Background User Information import fails with error: "Failed to execute a batched prepared statement. ORA-00957: duplicate column name.". See full error message below:
Internal system error. Please contact your representative. Not able to call the EJB to import the data. com.successfactors.sm.service.SuccessionEJBException: failed to save section (insideWorkExperience). Failed to execute a batched prepared statement. ORA-00957: duplicate column name.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Background Information import for a background element that has the "lastModified" column configured.
- Go to Admin Center > Import Extended User Information > select Background Information and import the file.
- The import file fails with the error message indicated in the Symptom section of this KBA.
The Background Element that you are trying to import has been configured with a "lastModified" column. See below what the field definition in the Succession Data Model looks like:
<data-field id="lastmodified" field-name="lastModified" max-length="999" max-file-size-KB="1000">
The "lastModified" field value is automatically generated by the system when saving the records, which means that data for the given background element (portlet) cannot be imported via Live Profile Import.
Importing data for a background element that has been configured with the "lastModified" field is not supported. However, if you really need to, see below workaround for that:
- Remove "lastModified" field from the background element in the Succession Data Model XML.
- Import the background element with the CSV which doesn't contain the "lastModified" field.
- Add the "lastModified" field back in the Succession Data Model XML.
Note: If you remove the "lastModified" field from a background element and then perform an "Import by re-loading all data with your new changes" (import by overwrite), the lastModified date will be updated with the Import Date for all records, even if the records were already present before. This happens because, when you make an import by re-loading all data, the previous records are deleted and the records in the CSV file you are importing are inserted into the instance.
Live Profile Import Extended User Info Import Background Import Element portlet last modified date lastModified , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-EP-ADM , Roles & Permission / Directory search , Problem