A report in Online Report Designer with a chart component can be previewed but cannot be opened in the designer for editing. Takes a long time to eventually timeout and error.
Error received: the current function cannot be completed because of a network issue.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Online Report Designer (ORD)
- analytics & Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to the instance
- Analytics > Analytics > Report Designer
- Select report
- Select page to view in the designer
RESULT: timeout error - the current function cannot be completed because of a network issue.
There is a problematic component in the report page.
- Confirm that the issue can be reproduced by other users
- Check that there are no validation errors (validate the affected page either from Report Designer or Admin > Instance Validation)
- Create a copy of the page in a separate report (create new report > add report page > from exisiting report > select the affected page to make a copy)
- Remove the affected component but take note of the measures and columns (to be able to recreate in the next step)
- Recreate the component based on the details from above
- Check that this page is now able to be edited correctly. Delete original non-working page and replace with a copy of this now working page.
KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , How To