This is a KBA detailing one way to create the same item in a different Locale via the Item Connector in the LMS.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
One way to create a new version of the same item (via the Item Connector), so that it is in a new locale, is by creating a new revision of the same item. It is important to set the following property to: "item.connector.defaultValue.item.priorRevisions.updateNotActive=N' in the connector configuration page prior to running the Item Connector. This will ensure that older versions do not get deactivated during the connector job.
- Populate item_data.txt file with new item
- Copy and paste entire row onto a new row
- Change the LOCALE field to new locale
- Change the REV_DTE to unique date/time.
- Change Item Connector property to: item.connector.defaultValue.item.priorRevisions.updateNotActive=N
- Run the Item Connector
NB: If you would like to update localised fields (CPNT_TITLE, CPNT_DESC etc) for an item - for example you want these fields in more than one locale - you should maintain using the item_locale_data file and updating via the Item Connector also.
Connectors, Item Connector, Locales, Revision Date, item_locale_data , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , How To