The Option "Mark this object complete when launched" at the Item level when used with communicating course (AICC, Scorm) does not work. Screen shot attached for the setting.
Note: When you launch the course and close it the content object does get marked as complete. Whereas when you navigate within the course (that is, when content sends back communication to LMS) then course ignores the option to Mark Complete when launched.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
Reproducing the Issue
For Example to test it use AICC Wrapper:
- Create AICC Wrapper course with "Mark this object complete when launched" as checked at Item Level.
- Assign it to a User and launch the course.
- Now if you close the window without clicking on agree or disagree it marks complete as expected.
- But if you click the disagree button after launching the content object does not get marked as complete even if "Mark this object complete when launched" is checked.
The same behavior is with any Scorm courses when you navigate after launching the course if there is any communication sent back to LMS then "Mark this object complete when launched" option is ignored.
- The option "Mark this object as complete when launched" should not be used with communicating courses (AICC, Scorm content) in LMS as it could cause unexpected results when both settings are used concurrently.
- The functionality was only provided to use with non communicating course like PDF, Doc, Video, etc.
- In the new UI AICC Content Object to the Item will no longer allow "Complete upon Launch" to be checked and will not be visible.
- For a document update your Content object launch type to “Documents Type” then you will see the option “complete on launch option” at the item level. And you will get credit for the content when you launch it.
- Setting the content to AICC means for LMS that the content will send communication on progress and therefore expecting a lesson_status to be passed at the end of the content to set the completion status.
- This information was verified with Engineering and product management teams.
- Should customer require a similar functionality for communicating contents, Support advises creating an enhancement request as per the attached KBA 2090228
Mark object as complete when launched, Content Object, AICC, Scorm, Mark complete on Launch , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , How To