This KB article explains how to work with Recruiting Groups in SuccessFactors Recruiting
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
Recruiting Groups are used in the Requisition XML to restrict the users who can be picked from primary operator and recruiting team fields on a requisition, set up by the admin to be automatically added to recruiting team fields on a requisition, and may be used in the Candidate Profile XML to grant additional permissions to candidate profile data.
Granting Access to the Feature
- RBP: Admin Tools > Manage Permission Roles > select Role > Permission > Manage Recruiting > Manage Recruiting Groups
- Non-RBP: Admin Tools > Manage Recruiting Administration > select a user or group of users and grant Manage Recruiting Group
Setting Groups Up Accordingly
Each group can include multiple People Pools. People Pools are defined by the filtering criteria they contain. For instance, a People Pool can include users where the Employee Profile contains a Department value of Sales and a Location value of San Francisco. Use one pool for AND conditions, such as all Sales employees who are also in a San Francisco location. Use multiple pools for broader OR conditions, such as including all Sales staff (one People Pool) OR staff located in the San Francisco location (additional People Pool).
Note: If a Recruiting Group is created, it's the expected behavior the group only access Job Requistions which was created after the Recruiting Group is added in the operators fields. It will have no access for old Job Requisitions which are related to the JRDM.
Add/Edit a Recruiting Group
- Navigate to Admin Tools
- Managing Recruiting
- Manage Recruiting Groups
- Select a group from the Choose a Group dropdown and click Edit. Alternatively, click Create to create a new group
Note: When creating a group and referencing the group with in the XML template, ensure the name of the group is configured the exact same, including any spacing after the group name.
- In the group edit window, select your inclusion and exclusion categories per people pool.
- Categories are defined in the succession data model XML in Provisioning. The field type to configure categories is filter-module.
- Depending on the group selected to be added to the pool (like Positions and Countries), it will be mandatory to have an active user being part of that group before that. Otherwise, it will not be possible to find such group.
- KB article 2291571 - Recruiting Groups: Limit who can be selected as an Operator in the Requisition
- KB article 2725464 - When Selecting a User for the Route Map, Options are Not Reflecting Those Set in Recruiting Groups
- KB article 2644604 - Limiting the available users in the Operator field types (Recruiting Groups) via Manage Templates
sf, success factors, RCM, add user, people, pool, member, manage, new group , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To