You want to migrate data directly in your production system using the migration tool after the go live without requesting a test system, but don't know how to proceed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center
- Select Implementation Projects view
- Open the activity list of your change project
- Search for any migration activity
- You receive the message "Activity cannot be completed"
There are two possibilities to migrate data without a Test system after the go-live.
1. Without a Change Project
For some migration objects like customers, materials, sales orders, it is possible to migrate data without a change project.
To do so, you have go to Business Configuration->Overview and search for migration activity and perform the migration
2. With a change project
For those activities like migration of financial data, migration of employee data, etc a change project is necessary for migration
In order to access these migration activities without a test system, your project needs to be in "Merged" status.
So, below are the steps to create and merge your change project in order to access the migration activities
1. Go to Business Configuration work center
2. Select Implementation projects view.
3. Select New button.
4. Complete the Scoping (you can bypass the steps until Finish)
5. Highlight the new change project and select Open Activity List button.
6. Go to Integrate and Extend tab and search for migration activities you want add to project (e.g: Migration of Accounting Transaction Data )
7. Select Add to Project and Close all the activity.
8. Merge the change project, through the activity "Merge Changes with Production System" under Go-Live tab
8. Now, the status of the change project should be merged.
9. Go to Integrate and Extend tab
10. You will be able to open the migration activities.
Note: Do not change anything in scope of your change project, otherwise these changes will be implemented when you merge the project.
3. Migration in a test System through Change Project:
Once you copy the change project into your test system, you can perform migration for the activities which are there in the change project or through Business Configuration work center, Overview view.
Note: In this scenario , the migrated data will not be moved to the Target system after during merge.
4. You can also refer to the KBA 1867232 which describes the steps to "Enable/Disable data migration per object"
Remark: The same steps are valid in case you are using a Permanent Test system.
See Case Document 2136036 - How to Request a New System for further information
KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To