In LMS we have several user roles. The workflows available for these roles have been chosen carefully, after each release, however, the roles seemed to be reset.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
- The customer is using system default roles, these roles are our main vehicle for delivering workflows and for over a decade this is how the LMS has functioned.
- The roles are reset more frequently (in every patch instead of every release and some patches) as a result of standardizing our DB scripts, meaning that the same process is followed for patch and quarterly release updates. The standardization was made back in 1605. Please note that our scripts are looking up for the role ID to target the roles to update.
LMS Default roles are:
- DEFAULT INSTRUCTOR
- DEFAULT SITE
- DEFAULT USER
- USER PROXY ROLE
- Copy the default role you have customized:
- System Admin->Security->Role management;
- Search for your role and edit it;
- Go to the Summary tab;
- Copy Role => CHANGE THE ROLE ID (for example COMPANY_LEARNING_USER).
- Create an Assignment profile to assign this role;
- Add the custom role;
- Create the rules to target the users you wish to assign the custom role to.
System admin->Configuration->System configuration->Connectors => sfuser.connector.defaultValue.studentRoleID= add your new custom role ID here
Please scroll down to our References section for related articles
Workflow Removed, Role, Modification, role reset, LMS role, LMS roles updated after each release, workflows are added to LMS user role after each release. role change, permissions changed, update, updated, default, regression , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-WOR , Roles & Workflows , Problem