Can we limit the output or results of the Employee Export to specific groups, such as Departments, Divisions, or Locations?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Employee Exported users can be restricted by limiting the Employee Export permission Target Population for the admin user that is performing the export.
When this user runs an Employee Export in Admin Center or is assigned as the Job Owner for an Employees Export scheduled job, the results should be limited to the target population on this user's permission.
This can be set up in Role-Based Permissions as the following steps:
- Define the user (restricted admin)'s Permission Group
- Define the Target population’s Permission Group
- Create the Permission Role for the restricted admin, assigning Administrator Permissions > Manage User > Employee Export permission.
- Assign the Permission Groups created in steps 1 and 2 to this role, to grant and specify target groups. Save the role.
- Test by logging in or proxying as this restricted admin user, and running an Employee Export in Admin Center to verify the result;
- Once confirmed, the Scheduled Job for Employee Export can be set up with the above user as Job Owner.
Note that if the user has other permission roles that have Employee Export permission, the target population of the export will be the target population of both permission roles.
To check if your user has Employee Export permission granted by multiple permission roles, please check on the users permissions on Admin Center -> View User Permission, you can refer to this KBA.
limit restrict employee export target population , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-UEX , Employee Export Issues , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To