- Multi-byte characters like Japanese are shown as garbled in Web Intelligence documents using Sybase ASE as data source.
- The same issue can be observed when viewing data in Information Design Tool.
- However, when connecting to Sybase ASE Database directly and run "select" SQL to get the data, all characters are shown as expected.
- Character set of Sybase ASE should be UTF-8.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform (BI) 4.0 / 4.1
- Information Design Tool (IDT)
- Sybase ASE
question mark, double-byte, multi byte, double byte, bytes, unreadable, Japanese, Chinese, universe, WebI, utf8, utf 8 , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , BI-BIP-IDT , Information design tool , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.