- Execute a dump database or a dump transaction to a file fails.
- SAP ASE configuration parameter enable dump history is set to 1.
- ASE errorlog, reports error:
ufopen: Cannot allocate file I/O buffer
- If the dump was planned in DBA Cockpit, this error can be seen from Jobs -> DBA Log:
Backup Server: 188.8.131.52: Database <SID>: Verification reported 0 errors.
Backup Server: 184.108.40.206: DUMP is complete (database <SID>).
ERROR: A call to %s failed while attempting to %s dump history file %s.
- If the dump was executed from an isql session, following error is displayed:
Msg 3186, Level 18, State 6:
Server '<SID>', Line 1:
A call to ufopen() failed while attempting to open dump history file /sybase/<SID>/ASE-1x_0/dumphist.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- ASE 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP01 & SP02
- ASE 16.0 SP01 & SP02 for Business Suite
ufopen, dump, "dump history file", 3186, "global fragment pool"
, KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.