- You are reviewing your journal entries and notice a posting with
- Journal Entry Type: Manual Change of Material Cost
- Related Source Document Type: Update Inventory Costs
- You click the Source Document ID of this posting, expecting to navigate to the respective Update Inventory Cost run. However, the screen only displays the manual changes made.
- To double-check this run you navigate to the Update Inventory Costs view in the Inventory Valuation work center. However, here you cannot find the run ID of this manual change either.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries view.
- Find the concerned journal entry.
- Click the Source Document ID: A list displaying the parameters of the manual changes is displayed. But you expect to navigate to the relevant Update Inventory Cost run.
The source document ID of the manual inventory cost change launches a table listing all parameters of this change to verify the resulting inventory valuation update.
Since this run is not created manually by a business user, but rather the result of a manual change of a material's inventory cost, the run's log is not listed in the Update Inventory Cost view of the Inventory Valuation work center. The actual Update Inventory Cost run in Inventory Valuation is used to overwrite material inventory costs based on the selected source cos type.
This is expected system behavior.
Manual Change of Material Cost, Update Inventory Cost, Update Inventory Cost run , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To