This KBA helps to identify common issues with Date/Time fields when running a connector. Fields typically affected include HIRE_DTE (SF User Connector) and REV_DTE (Item Connector).
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- When populating the input file, any date/time fields need to be in the application DB timezone and comply to the format referenced in the Connector Workbook: MON-DD-YYYY HH24:MI:SS.
- As per connector workbook:
"The original creation date or last revision date of the item. If revision date is not provided then the connector defaults to the current runtime date. The revision date uses the database time zone.
Note: This field will be required if the currentTimestamp setting has been enabled."
Make sure when populating the Connector's input file that the format complies to the DB time zone and complies with the date/time format as referenced in the Connector Workbook: MON-DD-YYYY HH24:MI:SS.
Please note that this is irrespective of any predefined system preferences regarding Date/Time and Timezones.
Once the connector ran, it will check if any date fields need formatting to match the system's date and time preferences.
Any deviation to this format will result in either the field not being updated (if it falls outside of range) or updating the corresponding date/time field incorrectly.
- To know what's the time zone used in the instance's DB, go to:
- System Administration > Connectors > Pick any connector (e.g. Admin Connector)
- Scroll all the way down and find this message: Note: The date and time values in the input file should be in the timezone "XYZ"
- "XYZ" will be the time zone used by the instance DB.
- Once you confirm it, change your Admin's Time Zone preferences to match the DB's.
- If this time zone is not enabled, go to:
- References > Calendars & Time > Time Zone Management:
- Select the "Display" flag for the desired time zone.
- Apply the changes.
- Now you can select it and pick the right one.
- Use this property item.connector.defaultRevDate.currentTimestamp=N
- To use it, you may copy and paste it into:
- System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > CONNECTORS
- Scroll all the way to the end and paste it.
- Apply the changes
- This disables the connector from using the current date as the item revision date/time. When enabled, the input file must provide a revision date/time.
Please see KBAs referenced below on how to change your system's date and time preferences.
2074322 - Changing Default Date Format - Learning
2175518 - Learning: How to change Date and Time format?
2481855 - Item Connector - Cannot revise this item as the classification is External-Course
Connectors, Date and Time Errors, Format, Date and Time Preferences, System Preferences, revision date and time , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , How To