The system picklist has been configured with custom relationship types (jobRelType) beyond the standard relationship types (HR Manager, Second Manager, Matrix Manager, Additional Manager and Custom Manager). All job relationship types, including custom types are displayed in the drop down list associated with the Job Relationship porlet, however, when attempting to assign a custom relationship in the workflow setup for the Contributor or CC with "Role Type" set to "Role" you find only the standard relationship types display.
Are custom relationship types supported in workflow contributer and CC steps?
The picklist shows the standard picklist items and custom picklist items for the job relationship type, picklist "jobRelType". Note the highlighted custom relationship types.
Standard fixed relationship type values include HR Manager, Second Manager, Matrix Manager, Additional Manager and Custom Manager as shown below.
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to Reproduce:
1. View the available relationship types by editing a relationship in the Relationship Porlet making note of the available choices like the example below. Note the custom fields which may exist beyond the standard list (HR Manager, Second Manager, Matrix Manager, Additional Manager and Custom Manager)
2. Create or edit a workflow in the Admin Center
3. For Contributor select "Role" for role type
4. Note in the "Contributor" list the custom relationships are not present
5. For CC select "Role" for role type
6. Note in the "CC Role" list the custom relationships are not present
The custom relationship types are not present because they are not currently supported by the system in workflow contributor or cc roles.
Role, Workflow, Manager, Custom, Matrix, Second, HR, Employee Central , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , How To