- If an alert/message has been setup using EFFECTIVE_DATE placeholder and an employee is for example "terminated", the alert seems to be displaying an incorrect date and not the date put in the termination record of when employee is terminated.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an alert that will be triggered when you terminate an employee.
- This alert should be using the placeholder "EFFECTIVE_DATE". Example: employee *** has been terminated on [[EFFECTIVE_DATE]]
- Now go and terminate an employee and fill in the the termination details (this includes termination date field).
- After the termination details has been saved, the manager (or any person that was selected to get the alert), may see a different date in the alert itself.
- Termination details are not Effective dated.
- "EFFECTIVE_DATE" placeholder does not get the date that specified in termination date field. Termination field stores the date in the end_date field on the DB.
- "EFFECTIVE_DATE" placeholder gets the date from the start date of the terminated record. This date can be found in job information history. Job information history records are effective dated and that is where the specific placeholder gets the date from.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1511