This is a KBA that demonstrates how to restrict a user's search when recommending items to other users (peer-to-peer recommendations) and also when adding observers to tasks of items that are classified as OTHER. Adding a 'restrict to organisation' property will only allow users to search and add other users from within their own organisation.
Learning Management System (LMS)
All we need to do is change the 'restrict to organisation' property from false to true.
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > Search
- Edit 'Search'
- Find the property: 'restrictUserPeerSearchByOrg'
- Change from 'false' to 'true'
- Apply Changes
- Users in your system will not be able to find users outside their organisation for peer-to-peer recommendations or when setting up an observer for 'OTHER' classified items.
- System Configuration
- restrictUserPeerSearchByOrg property
- Peer-to-peer recommendations
- OTHER classified items