When creating a new Sales Quote using the New Sales Quote button on the left side of the screen, the products from the maintained opportunity are not copied to the Sales Quote.
However, when opening the Opportunity and creating a new Sales Quote from there, the products are copied.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- By clicking New, maintain an Opportunity, which contains Products.
- Click on the Quick Create Icon on the left of the screen to create a new Sales Quote.
- Fill out all the necesary information.
- Click Save and open.
- Switch to the facet Products.
No Products were taken over to the Sales Quotes.
This is the expected system behaviour.
In the first case (when creating a new Sales Quote using the New Sales Quote button on the left side of the screen) only a reference between the opportunity and the quote is established e.g. for reporting.
In the second case (when opening the Opportunity and creating a new Sales Quote from there) the user is aware of all the Opportunity details and the involved products.
With those two options available, the you can choose the one which leads to the result you want to achieve.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To