You have built an Accounting Principle via PDI. Now you want to modify some parameters concerning this feature in the system itself.
For example: You were able to assign a Foreign Currency Remeasurement Method to the respective accounting principle and is now trying to flag No Subsequent Reversal Posting for this method.
However, after flagging the checkbox and clicking Save the system crashes.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Business Configuration work center
2. Go to Overview view
3. Search and open the activity Foreign Currency Remeasurement Methods for Cash
4. Click Assign remeasurement method to accounting principle
5. Select the respective Accounting Principle built via PDI (starting with Y)
6. Select Use for Cash tab (notice that you cannot flag No Subsequent Reversal Posting because it is grayed out)
7. Click Add Row (now notice that the flag is available)
8. Delete the newly added row
9. Flag No Subsequent Reversal Posting
10. Click Save
An Exception is thrown in the UI.
If the content is created via PDI (accounting principle in this case), then it also needs to be configured via PDI implementation (editing the solution on SAP Cloud Application Studio).
This change needs to be made in the PDI solution. The attempt to make this change in the system and not in the PDI implementation will result in a system crash. This is a general rule and not only valid for the specific case covered in this case document.
In order to avoid system crashes you should change data related to the PDI Accounting Principle in the PDI Solution itself.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To