You want to be able to report on your own data although when you run the Ad Hoc report you notice that other users data is shown but not your one.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Report – Table
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance
- Select Analytics > Reporting > Ad Hoc Reports
- Select the desired report. For this example the Report Permission Check report
- When you run the report you notice that data is shown although you cannot see your own user data.
In order to have a User to be able to see his/her own data the following must be done.
- Exclude Granted User from having the permission access to him/herself > should be unchecked.
- Include starting from user > From the report People Scope you should have the include starting from user option available. Checking this box will allow to see data from user.
- Note: The Include starting from user check box will be disabled if the ‘Other filters’ is selected since this option will show all the users anyway.
This can be done as follow:
- Admin Centre > Manage Permission Roles > Permission Role List > Permission Role Detail > Edit Granting
- Make sure the Exclude Granted User from having the permission access to him/herself is unchecked
Select this option if you do not want the granted user to have permission rights on him/herself. For example: You want Administrator Joe to be able to Delete Documents for everyone in the organization, but he cannot delete his own documents. In that case, you want to select this tick box.
Note: For report data, checked user will not be able to see his own data. Hence include starting from user will not return any data.
Note: The Include starting from user check box will be disabled if the ‘Other filters’ is selected since this option will show all the users anyway.
Missing; Own; Data; Running; Report; Permission; RBP; Role; Based; Permission; , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , How To