When importing admin roles via Import Data Tool, some workflows do not import with the domain/state restrictions added in the import template.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System - LMS
- System admin > Tools > Import Data
Reproducing the Issue
1. Download the import template.
2. Export the admin role to be updated.
3. Using the import template, copy/paste the records from the above referenced export file.
4. Add Domain Restrictions. Save.
5. Upload new spreadsheet into import tool.
Some workflows do not populate data for Workflow Entity Function ID, Entity or Function.
This is by design: when workflow entity function ID column is null, you can not add domain restriction ID and re-import, this information will be ignored.
The business meaning is as follows:
- Take example of "Access Deploy Content To Server", this workflow is predefined and does not tie to any entity or function.
Thus you will notice in your export file that both columns "Entity" and "Funtion" are empty.
- It means this workflow does not associate to any entity nor function. Thus, you can not apply a domain restriction to it.
You can view this in the learning admin UI:
- System admin > Security> Role mgmt > search for your your role
- Open the tab "Entity Restriction" in edit mode
- you will see domain restriction ID entry only available when there is radio button of 'apply to all functions/entities'.
IDT, import job, fails, failure, error report, blank columns, WEF, WFE, entity, function, state restriction, workflow restriction, kal, kac, restrctions, domain restriction not applied, not added , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem