- License keys for SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.0 and 4.1 were interchangeable, and also worked in BI 4.2 prior to Support Package 02
- As of BI 4.2 SP02 and newer, license keys from earlier versions of BI 4.x are no longer accepted. A new license key is required.
- Upgrade installations provide a warning about this -
new installations fail with the message, "The product key is not valid. INS00140"
- NEW INSTALLS: When supplying an older key in a new installation of SAP BI Platform 4.2, SP02 or newer, the following error is returned:
- The product key is not valid. INS00140
- UPGRADES: Or, during an upgrade installation to SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.2, Support Package 02 or newer, there is no prompt for a new key but the following warning is displayed:
- SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.2 SP2 update requires a new license key.
- Request the new license key from SAP Service Marketplace. For more information on how to request license key, visit the License Key Help Documentation and learn more about License Key Requirements here.
- After SAP BusinessObjects BI platform 4.2 SP2 update installation is completed, logon to Central Management Console (CMC); delete the old license key and add the new license key. Until you add the new license key, all services are disabled.
- Request the new license key here SAP Service Marketplace.
-  I have read the documentation and understand the process to request the new license key and agree to delete the old license key and add the new license key after update installation.
- UPGRADES (continued):
- Once the upgrade has completed, all servers will be disabled and users will be unable to access the BI LaunchPad.
- If the CMC is only accessible via Web Application Container Servers (WACS), then the CMC will also be inaccessible -- this is because WACS is among those servers which are disabled.
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.2, Support Package 02 and newer
- All supported operating systems
bi4.0 bi4.1 bi4.2 bi 4.0 4.1 4.2 key keycode keycodes compatible compatibility license ins00140 upgrade new install license biinst htkba SP02 , KBA , htkba , biinst , bpkba , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , XX-SER-LIKEY-BOJ , Business Objects Products , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.