- Attempted upgrade of SAP Design Studio fails with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
- Setupengine logs of the client tools install reveal the following errors at the end:
10:03:32.203 Error: GetIEDURevMapAndDUFolders is using the install cache to build a map of DU revisions for a given install entry. This will not be reliable and may lead to incorrect results.
10:03:52.564 Error: Short du id no longer supported for ResolvedID: DufinalizationInfo.config
10:03:52.566 Error: Poco exception caught in File::list(vector<string>)
10:03:52.582 Error: Class name: class Poco::PathNotFoundException
10:03:52.584 Error: Display text: Path not found: \\?\D:\SAPBusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\dufinalizationinfo.config-4.0-core-nu
10:03:52.586 Error: Assert(revisionFolders.size() > 0) failed in file .\InstallStateMigrator.cpp line 106
No revisions found in cache for du: D:\SAPBusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\dufinalizationinfo.config-4.0-core-nu\
- Subsequent installations, repairs or uninstallations of the product all fail with the above error.
- In Add/Remove programs, it is observed that Design Studio 1.6 seems to be installed.
Note: In some cases, similar errors can occur for a different reason.
In these cases, the BI platform could not clean up properly after an uninstallation, resulting in files existing which were blocking future installations. For these issues, please see the following KBA:
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
- SAP Design Studio for BI Platform 4.1 (DS 1.4 / 1.6)
DS 1.6, Lumira, Lumira Desktop , KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.