Whenever the item is created in LMS admin, their default value for "Approval Required" field is set to No. Customers may want to be able to change this default value for new records creation.
-Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to LMS ADMIN
- navigate to Learning> Item> click Add New
- select the type of item you woudl iek to create and click OK
- New window opens up with the "approval required" set as No by default
There is currently no setting to change this default value in the LMS
The default value of this filed (and other fields) when creating a new item record cannot currently be changed in the LMS.
Should customers wish to have a feature allowing them to change this default value in the system, we advise reviewing this enhancement request to support it if it matches the company requirements: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/47645
A different enhancement request can also be created if the desired behaviour for the company is different than the one described.
- When adding items manually we cannot mark the default approval required to Yes, however we can set the default Approval in LMS Admin> Configuration> Global variables> Default Internal Approval Process ID
- When mass importing the items via the item connector, you can use these two headers to choose the settings for the "approval required" and "withdraw approval required" fields: WITHDRAW_APPROVAL_REQD and APPROVAL_REQD
item connector, approval required, default value, mass update, single manual update, create item, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Product Enhancement