The description of the Freight in the Total Pricing section of a sales document is not displayed as expected.
Reproducing the Issue
This applies to any sales document. We will use a sales order as an example.
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Freights view.
- Open the respective freight .
- You have maintained the description XYZ (XYZ represents the text of the desciption).
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select option New Sales Order in the Common Tasks.
- Enter the respective details such as account and product.
- Navigate to the Pricing tab.
- You can see in the Total Pricing section that the Freight has been correctly determined but the Description does not display XYZ but Freight.
This is the expected system behaviour.
The freight description in the Total Pricing section of a sales document such as a sales order is determined from the description maintained in the Business Configuration and not from the master data of the freight. Only for Item price components like Surcharge, Price, Discount etc. the description of item price component is read from master data.
If you would like to change the description of the Freight in the Total Pricing section of a sales document you would need to change this in the Business Configuration as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select you implementation project.
- Click on the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine Tuning tab.
- Search for fine tuning activity Configure Price Strategy.
- Open the activity Configure Price Strategy.
- Click on the Configure Pricing Procedure hyperlink.
- Here you can change the description of the Freight to the required description.
Note its language dependent, to set in another language please login with desired log on language to system.
KBA , AP-PRC-PC , Calculation , How To