Imported external candidate profiles file. Candidates are not visible in Candidate Search.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Import candidate profiles during Legacy Data Migration using the prescribed process.
- Make sure all the job runs successfully and all the records are processed without error.
- Search for a candidate using Candidate Search.
- Candidate is not visible.
There are two main causes for this issue:
- After importing the candidates using the legacy import, the candidates are not available in the index.
- Check if Data Consent Privacy Statement (DPCS) is enabled for external candidates for the given instance. If yes, the candidates will be visible in the instance only after they have accepted the Data Privacy statement.
Here are the resolution for the two causes:
- For the first cause, there are two possible solutions. The recruiter can manually open the candidate profile, this action will make the candidate available for the search. In case many candidates have been imported, a reindex needs to be requested. Check this article to learn how to request it: 2230010 - Recruiting - Requesting an Index/Re-index - Recruiting Management
- THe issue with the DPCS can be resolved as follows:
- Import a test candidate account. If DPCS is enabled, you will not be able to see the candidate.
- After successful processing of the import record, try logging into the external candidate account with the imported primary email id (username). You will receive a prompt to accept country specific Data Privacy Statement.
- Accept the statement and check again. Candidate should be visible now.
Also, there is no provision to accept this statement on candidate's behalf. If a candidate has already accepted DPCS in the previous system before migrating to Successfactors, he will have to accept it again while logging into Successfactors external candidate account for the first time. There will be an automated prompt for acceptance of this statement and the candidate cannot bypass it. He must accept the statement in order to proceed.
Additionally, even during import, there is no such field or flag that you can populate to manipulate the DPCS status. This status is determined only by a candidate manually accepting or rejecting the statement.
2230010 - Recruiting - Requesting an Index/Re-index - Recruiting Management
Data Privacy, Candidate Import, Legacy Data Migration, Candidate Search, instance index , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem